Sunday, April 5, 2009

Two More Days

Feeling very anxious for the next ultra sound. Every little cramp I have or discomfort or contraction I fear is a sign that something is wrong with McKenna. I know it means nothing, especially since I seemed to have more contractions in the hospital than I am having now, but still is a fear. Also worried I am not getting enough rest or going to do something wrong to hurt her blood flow again. God is in control...why is it so hard to remind myself of that every day?

Also a little confused. Main concern at beginning was that McKenna "stopped growing" as Dr Dix put it Friday. However, Friday they only looked at her blood flow and didn't think it was necessary to measure her growth, or keaton's. Curious to see if Tuesday they will measure the babies again to make sure that there is still growth, or if it is truly more of an issue about the blood flow.

Kyle came home Friday night and put up the changing table. We just need the other crib set up and for the most part the nursery will be ready to go. Well, that's not true. We need a million things for it: matresses, sheets, diapers, etc, but we would at least have things in place. My concern was getting a bassinett for the babies in time and car seats and all, but if the babies are born now, we will not be needing the stuff for a few weeks because babies will be in NICU.

Also feel bad that baby shower had to be canceled. Because I am on bed rest, there is just no way I can go to a shower in a few weeks. So we are going to do it after the babies are born. Will see how that works out. I sure do appreciate all the time and energy the girls have put into the shower and hoping that they are okay with the change. LaDawna is so laid back about it that she seems to be fine. And that is comforting.

Praying for the health of our babies still and for wisdom and direction for everyone working on them to make sure they are healthy and well.

No comments: