Friday, April 3, 2009

Anxious and Starving

Woke up this morning, 8 am to my lovely doctor. He is so wonderful that I didn't even mind him waking me up even though I had only gotten about 4 hours of interrupted sleep throughout the night. I figure four hours is way better than the hour and a half the night before.

Dr Stamps, my OBGYN, is always pretty blunt and to the point, which I truly appreciate about a doctor. Can't stand it when they beat around the bush. Anyhow, he told me I am not allowed to eat or drink anything today incase McKenna, the baby girl, does have reverse blood flow. They will take me straight to surgery if she does, no delays. Was and am still hoping that she can wait out a few more days so they both can continue to grow, and because they say steroids have the best effect on the babies if given at least 48 hours before delivery. Won't be 48 hours until 6 tonight. Just one more thing that we are forced to trust in God about.

The nurse came in and walked me through the procedure. Where they will shave, how they will cut, drugs they will give me, recovery time, etc. We should expect babies to be in hospital until due date at least...June 16. She said they are usually in hospital a few months if born at 29 weeks. We are 29 weeks and 3 days today and grateful for every day that the Lord has allowed me to carry them in my uterus.

Sitting here, waiting for Kyle to come from work, and listening to babies' movements on the monitor. McKenna is kicking a bit on the left side and has hiccups. Can't feel the hiccups but can hear them. Keaton, our son, is pretty still this morning and not really doing much. Their activities seem to have really died down since going on bedrest. I truly miss feeling their movements and keep thinking that on the way to the ultra sound I will refuse to move my hand from my belly because these monitors will be off it and hopefully my babies will kick and move around.

Praying for God's will today and feel like He has given me a peace that the outcome will be good, whatever it is. My goal is five more weeks in the hospital so the babies can grow, but really feel like we will be blessed to make it one more week. We will see. All part of His plan.

No comments: