Wednesday, May 21, 2008

one more week

A week from today and we will meet our first of two infertility doctors. The first one is the one my OB doctor recommended and one that he has worked with in the past. because of that i am tempted to chose him, but i want to do what is best for Kyle and me, and what will give us the best chances of carrying a child.

I am very anxious to meet this guy, and to have all our questions answered. A friend of a friend went through in-vitro and used this doctor so we are suppose to call her and ask her our questions and get her feedback, but she works until 8:30 at night and that seems so late. it is hard for me to remember to call her. So, we will see.

We are still in deep prayer that the Lord's will be done in our lives and that God give us direction about what he would like for us to do. There is the question of the finances, the timing, the medications...a million things that you don't really think about in too much detail when conceiving naturally. But again, this is when we have to look to God and trust that He is in control.

Wednesday, May 14, 2008

Roller Coaster

It has been a roller coaster for us the past couple weeks. We found out April 29 that the surgery we invested time, money and hope in did not work. We both had a feeling it wouldn't and perhaps we should have listened to that, although then we would have always been wondering what now it's starting over at square one and going forward.

We have a meeting with a fertility specialist that my OB recommended on May 28. It is a little nerve racking to think what they will recommend and the money and energy that will be required to have children, but completely worth it. We both want to be parents so bad that we are willing to do whatever it takes at this point, even if it means investing our life savings. Well, maybe not LIFE savings. :)

We have another Appointment June 10 with a doctor that we saw a show on Discovery Health Channel about that specializes in certain types of fertility. Their staff is amazing and i have to admit I am leaning more toward them today then the other doctor just because they were so friendly and helpful. However, i am a huge Dr Stamps (my OB) lover, so the doctor he recommended I will admit makes me want to go to him. Sigh, The decisions...

So, as we have been for the past two years, we are in waiting mode. Next month will be 24 months since we have been trying to conceive and I can't wait to receive our blessing and move forward in life, but i also know that God's timing is perfect, and if he wants us to wait, so be it. I just need a big billboard with a message of direction from the Lord. :)

Please continue to keep us in your prayers. We are ready now for Plan C...whatever it may be.