Friday, April 17, 2009

Oops, Assumed to Soon

Well, Guess I assumed to quickly. Had assumed that McKenna was one step ahead of Keaton by getting the C-PAP off and not needing anything. Tonight we walked in to visit the babies and was telling Grandpa Dana about McKenna's improvements and that Keaton had the oxygen bubble only to realize they had removed him from the bubble and Keaton was without the need for oxygen help. What a blessing. Both my babies are operating solely on the help of Jesus for breathing and they look SO GOOD.

Was hoping to kangaroo McKenna today. Haven't held her for several days but due to the C=PAP removal they said it wouldn't be a good idea. then tonight I asked Keaton's nurse if I could kangaroo him, assuming she would say no because they seem to always say no, but she didn't...she said yes. It was wonderful and I could hardly get rid of the smile on my face.

I was able to kangaroo hold Keaton for over an hour. Had to put him back because it was after 10 pm and we needed to allow time to drive home before the next pumping, but it was such a blessing to finally have Keaton in my arms again and to be able to bond with him. I was able to pray over Keaton, talk with him, give him kisses on his head several times, etc. Ah, what a rush it is to hold your babies.

When we had to give him back to the nurse, Kyle came over and kissed the top of Keaton's head and said goodnight. It was so sweet.

McKenna is doing well tonight too. We got to watch her a few minutes without the eye mask on as the nurses did their nightly routine testing. She gained another ounce and is now up to 1 lb, 14 oz. We are thrilled at the weight gain. Her stomach is "rippling" though and it looks so painful. Partially it ripples from oxygen in her tummy from the C-PAP, and the other reason is just her needing to have a bowel movement.

She is absolutely adorable and precious and I love to watch her with her eyes open. She is in the incubator still which makes it hard to talk with her. I can open the flap on the side to talk to her, but it lets in cool air (even if I push the "protective nurse" button which is suppose to help avoid air getting out. So, that makes me nervous and I usually end up holding her finger and talking to her for only a couple seconds before I shut the vent door and am forced to just sit there. Still talk to her even with door shut, but doubt that she can hear me.

Praying for protection over both babies hearts, brains, nervous systems, digestive systems, lungs, oxygen levels and protection again viruses or infections. Also praying they have bowel movements on a regular basis, that they are able to hear and see normally, and that Jesus watch over them and give them strength and weight gain. And, that even from an early age they would know and serve the Lord. God is in control. I am so grateful for that!

No comments: