Friday, April 10, 2009

Sleep

Slept last night for the first time in weeks. Doctor prescribed me something to help me relax and make me drowsy. Said it is something they usually encourage PCU patients to take to help increase their chance of sleep. Sleep is obviously important and necessary to help babies grow. Have taken it one or two other times while at hospital, but it hasn't done much. Makes me drowsy but I usually still can't sleep because nurses coming in and out, monitors being shifted on babies, can't get comfortable, back killing met, etc. Last night though, I am so grateful to say, God allowed me to sleep. The pill made me tired, nurses were able to hook monitors up correctly with me on side, and the nurse working last night was kind enough to keep adjusting them which allowed me to stay on side. Probably got a total of 5 or 6 hours sleep. Of course it was still very interrupted, but I am okay with that.

Woke up at 7 am, took shower, threw on clothes instead of hospital gear, and now am just sitting and waiting for the 11:30 ultra sound. Anxious to hear if we can continue pregnancy a few more days, or if today will be their birthday. Whatever the outcome, just praying God protect these babies and watch over them!!!

No comments: