Saturday, April 4, 2009

Hospital Memories

Thought I should post this email sent out to friends. Have to love sharing a bathroom with people...great memories if nothing else.

We are very blessed with our own room here, but share a bathroom with someone. Well, did unit 1 pm yesterday. Woke up to use the restroom, which happens about every 30 minutes being pregnant, but found urine ALL over the toilet seat and floor. Was not happy, obviously, but on bed rest and not allowed to stand other than to use restroom and just wanted to lay back down as quick as possible, so grabbed wipes and quickly wiped the seat and then ignored the thought that my sandals were standing in someone else's body fluids. When I heard my bathroom mates husband talking in the room next to me, I was really frustrated. assumed it was just a sign that he was the one that had used the bathroom, which is CLEARLY marked Patients Only, and felt that it would be appropriate to go yell at him to clean up after himself, but then was scared the lady would kill me in my sleep.

Anyhow, every time I used bathroom after that there happened to be pee all over the toilet again. SERIOUSLY? you are a woman. how in the world do you get pee all over the seat? This is also the same woman though that came and stood at my door and just watched as I talked with company, and the same woman that gets out of bed, opens her bathroom door without using bathroom so then when i use bathroom i am forced to smile, acknowledge her and shut her door. She must be lonely, right? I have no heart.

So then yesterday the babies were kicking monitors off tummy, as usually, and nurse was trying to find them in there again when suddenly kyle smelled smoke. Yes, the lovely bathroom mate decided she had the need to SMOKE INSIDE THE HOSPITAL BATHROOM. Oh man, i was not happy! the nurse ran out of our room and started banging on the door. Needless to say, she was "discharged" fifteen minutes later. Thank the Lord. And now I have my own bathroom, and the fumes of her nasty cig in my nose.

No comments: