Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Thirteen Weeks

Went to doctor appointment today and met with the Nurse Practitioner. She was much friendlier than I remembered and had a student with her so brought in the portable ultrasound. It was nice to not have to go through the stress of waiting to find out if the heart beats were there on the Doplar.

Both babies were sleeping. Nurse kept pushing on belly and jiggling it with ultrasound want to make babies move, but they seemed to be worn out and not up for it. I could see their spinalcords though, and eye sockets and their heads. It was very exciting.

We will go again next Friday to see the doctor, since I am going to be out of town for two weeks for the holidays. Hopefully Doctor Stamps will not be caught up in surgery or unavailable.

Starting weight prior to surgery was 113 pounds. Have only gained one pound, which i was happy about. Once you start gaining, you don't stop and I get nervous about the idea of breathing and discomfort from being too big with babies. Nurse said she would like me to gain a pound a week, which wouldn't be bad at all. That would mean I would only gain about 25 lbs for the full pregnancy. I am trying not to think about that though and just enjoying that I have been so blessed with the opportunity to carry these beauitul babies.

No comments: