Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Christmas 2008


Well, I was really looking forward to this year. Kyle and I were going to Montana and going to celebrate our last Christmas before our beautiful twins are born...unfortunately, things didn't go according to plan.

Kyle's flight, which left two days after mine, was canceled. And, due to the holiday, he wasn't able to get out on another flight...until the 29th of December. By then all our holiday rituals and traditions would be over and he would just be hanging out with the family, so we decide he just wouldn't come out at all. Suddenly our last Christmas together before children turned into our first Christmas apart in six years.

I was really bummed out that he wasn't here, but it still turned out to be one of the best Christmases yet. We were so blessed with gifts galore, to the extreme that we are having to ship back two large boxes full of gifts. Mom gave us money to buy two cribs and knitted these adorable booties and a gorgeous blanket for the babies. I can hardly wait for them to be used and what a perfect gift that will be cherished forever!

We woke up Christmas morning (we open gifts Christmas Eve with my family) and Santa (AKA Auntie Mandie) had made two little stockings for Baby A and Baby B. My eyes filled with tears when I saw them and how it was set up. What a sweet thought and gesture for her to do that. The babies have pacifiers, blankets, bibs, onsies, and a lullaby CD that I am really excited to hear.

All-in-all, for Kyle not being there, this Christmas was still great and it made me even more excited to see our babies.

1 comment:

sharonie said...

I am so happy that you were able to spend time with your family and that they are super duper excited for the babies to come. They are already spoiling the precious little ones, the babies already are blessed with wonderful grandparents and aunt.