Sunday, December 14, 2008

Setting Up

So while we are only three and a half months into the pregnancy, I am getting really excited to set things up for the nursery. I am not really into the decorating idea as much as I am into the idea of getting rid of clutter and things we don't use, and clearing out the guestroom for the nursery area to be ready.

We have decided to turn our office into a guestroom/office and our current guestroom is going to be the nursery. Hoping that everything will actually fit in the office. Currently we have a bunkbed/futon in there that Kyle has had since college. it is beatup and old and something that I have been looking forward to getting rid of as I think it just cheapens the room having it in there. Kyle is very hesitant though to get rid of it or to do anything that would mean moving forward with preparing the nursery at least for a few more months.

I finally talked Kyle into letting me post the futon/bunkbed set on Craigslist.com for sale (they currently have several others listed on there that are basically the same) but he wants to wait a few more weeks so he has time to tear it down and make it available for the buyers. But when looking on the site for what to price it at, saw a woman that is looking to buy one for her foster children. I emailed her and asked what she was wanting to offer for it, and then after talking to Kyle we agreed to sell the thing to her and even take a little less than she offered since she is using it for the foster children.

All that to say, I am really excited we are going to be getting rid of it, and we will get enough money from her to buy a couple mattresses for the cribs. Before long I will be buying the cribs and setting up the changing station. So excited to see our babies and hold them!

No comments: