Thursday, September 4, 2008

True Answer to Prayer

Friday I started the shots. Monday was the last day of birth control. Was informed that if I do not start my period by this Friday (tomorrow, September 5) we would not be able to move forward with the IVF procedure. The entire thing would be canceled, the three months of birth control and sweat and worry and excitement would all have to be done again. As you can imagine, Kyle and I have been a complete wreck. I have had menstrual cramping, but no spotting. We have not stopped praying. I have done everything from trying to eat different things to kick start it, to jumping in place. I know it is silly, but we are that desperate to get this thing started.

This morning I woke up and said one more prayer before going the bathroom and THANK YOU, JESUS, there were the beginning signs of my cycle. Though I know it is not thick enough probably for them to consider moving forward, I was nearly in tears that God is ONCE AGAIN providing.

Just now came out of the bathroom and things are getting a little heavier. I am so grateful to God. I can't believe that in a week from tomorrow I will start the stimulation drugs and in three weeks from yesterday they will plan to retrieve my eggs, fertilize them, and assist in us starting a family. I can do nothing but cry right now as we are so close to the possibility to having children. Thank You Jesus, Thank You!!!

No comments: