Monday, September 22, 2008

Sixteen and Happy

Yesterday was the big day. They removed eggs and found 16 that they are able to use and fertilize. We are thrilled. This is a huge number, and a great start since all of them most likely will not fertilize.

Surgery was much more painful than I thought. Woke up in excruciating pain and couldn't stop crying. Because I am allergic to the meds they would normally give me through IV, I had to take a pain pill which took longer to be effective. Also, I was very sick when I woke up so it made it even more difficult to take the pill.

After resting for two hours, they sent us home and said I could take Tylenol for the pain. That has helped a little bit, and a heat pad on my tummy.

We are anxious for the embryos to be implanted and praying that my body is able to carry them. We won't know if procedure worked for a few weeks after they put embryos in, and I am told I have to take it easy for the next couple of weeks so I imagine time will go by slow.

Ready to get back to my house though and burn candles, turn on my music and just rest.

Also, we started progesterone shots in bottom/lower back. One at hospital and then one at 8:30 last night. Assuming I get pregnant, we will have to do these shots daily at 8:30 pm for the next eight weeks. Bottom is bruised and in pain, but totally worth it. We will do whatever it takes to have our little bundle of joy!

Prayers are that my body is able to handle the embryos and we can carry the baby (babies) to full term and deliver a healthy baby (babies).

2 comments:

sharonie said...

it was so awesome to read your specific request about carrying the baby full term... to be already at this stage is amazing! So glad that the begining stages are done with and have ended postively!

Unknown said...

I am praying for your little baby (babies). I can't believe it is going to happen tomorrow! I know you will be able to hold your baby. I love him or her already!!! Kimberly, I love you so much and I am really praying for you to be a mom. I'm proud of you w/ all this stuff you have had to go threw w/ shots, pain, anxiety...... I will never complain again. Love ya! Sarah Highfill