Saturday, September 20, 2008

One More Day

Yesterday was crazy...After a night full of chest pressure and great difficulty breathing we headed to the ER to make sure it wasn't a heart attack or hyperstimulation. Found out that all was fine, just anxiety. We are grateful for that but dreading the bill as it will most likely not be paid by insurance since we weren't treated at Cox Hospital. God has done miracles before, and this is one more we are asking for...that insurance does cover it.

Last night I took my last Lupron shot at 6:30 and at 10 pm we took the HCG shot that makes me ovulate in 40 something hours. Sunday morning at 10 am they plan to do the surgery to remove my eggs. I am so excited and nervous and overwhelmed that I can hardly sleep or think of anything else. It all comes down to tomorrow and how many eggs we have, how many of them fertilize and how many of them are good enough to use or freeze.

Because they will put two embryos in at a time, I am praying that we will have at least 4 or 5 we can freeze, in addition to the ones they put in me.

They are planning to put two embryos back in me on Wednesday. We are thrilled the entire procedure has jumped up three days and we will most likely get to go home on Thursday. Can't wait for clean clothes (had to buy underwear at WalMart since we didn't go home this weekend as planned) and my own bed.

Prayers are that things run smoothly tomorrow for egg retrieval, that there are plenty of healthy and fast growing embryos to chose from, and plenty to freeze. Also praying that Kyle's "Speciman" is of high enough quality to use so he doesn't require a surgery as well.

No comments: