Sunday, September 14, 2008

Iced Tummy

Day three of doing stimulation shots and I am grateful God has given us strength to continue. There is no turning back and I want a child so bad I will do whatever it takes. But goodness these shots are painful.

The Lupron shot I have been doing for over two weeks. It prevents me from ovulating. It is a tiny needle and while it stung when first doing it, my body has become use to it. Also, we have gone from 10 cc to only 5 cc, so it is such a small amount I don't think my body really notices it.

The other two drugs we are doing: Gonal F and Repronax are the stimulation drugs that make my eggs larger. Gonal F is a tiny tiny tiny needle that I can't feel at all, either when I poke my tummy or when I inject the medicine. The Repronax I think is the shot that is literally leaving bruises on my stomach. We currently do 150 ML of the drug. Friday night was the first night to do it and it stung so bad going in I had tears in my eyes. Woke up next morning with a bruised left side and super sensitive stomach. Saturday we did the second shot, this time on the right side. Same thing, extreme stinging when entering it and then woke up this morning with swollen right side and a bit bruised, though not as black and blue as the left side. The right side is so sensitive I can't bend over to tie my shoes without crying as my swollen stomach touches my pants/thigh or whatever gets in its way. Today was shot three (back to the left side). I have an ice pack on the tummy where injections were given yesterday and am hoping it will take down some of the swelling and pain.

Tomorrow we do our second ultra sound and round two of blood work. I am really excited. We will see how we are coming along with egg size, hormones, uterine lining and make sure we don't have signs of hyper stimulation. All in all, things are going well other than the excruciating pain, but even knowing how painful it is, I would do this all over again in a heartbeat...just praying the outcome is a positive one.

No comments: