Saturday, September 13, 2008

First Day of Monitoring and Three shots

Thursday night I could hardly fall asleep. Was so anxious for our ultra sound and blood testing Friday. We had a 7 am apt that went well. Ultra Sound lady wasn't very friendly, but being as early as it was, maybe she was just tired. Either way, we found out that we have THIRTY-SIX follicles this month. Praise God. We are so excited. While this is a good thing, means we will hopefully have a lot more eggs to work with, it also means increased chance of hyperstimulation. God is in control though and we just have to trust that His will be done. All I can do is get a lot of rest and plenty of fluids.

Blood work was easy, but the thick gauze was so full of blood after the shot we had to get the nurse to reapply it.

Last night (Friday) was also the first night to do three shots in my tummy. It was an overwhelming thought because we were doing two new shots we hadn't done yet and because lately my stomach has been stinging more with each shot. But things ran smoothly, Kyle was a big help with getting syringes ready for me, and the shots went in well, although all three shot spots bled quite a bit.

I woke up this morning with a super painful tummy. There is only a small bruise but I think there must be more bruising under the skin with as sensitive as it is. It hurts to lay on my side or bend down as my bloated stomach touches my legs. I am praying that these three shots a day get easier, but it is only for two more weeks I have to do the stomach shots, and I will do whatever it takes to have a baby!!!

No comments: