Sunday, August 31, 2008

First of the Shots



Friday we did the first shot. It is Lupron to help prevent ovulation. I was really nervous and scared i would do it wrong, or that the pain would be too great. Kyle was great though and helped me prepare the dosage and walked me through what I needed to do and was really encouraging. It stung a little when it first went in, but everything ran smoothly and once done the sting was a bit more intense but tolerable. There was a small red rash around the injection area, but it went away about an hour later.

Yesterday was shot number two and it was great. didn't hurt at all, until after the shot was done and then there was a bit of a sting, but it was even more tolerable then the shot on Friday. I did wake up this morning with the injection area being rather tender though and I have pretty intense stomach cramping. I am not sure if it is just my ovaries blocking from ovulation or what, but it is hurting at about a scale of 6.

Today we are just taking it easy. I have decided not to go to Kyle's parent's house (we go every Sunday) and to just lay around to hopefully stop or decrease the pain.

1 comment:

sharonie said...

I have been so curious how it has been going. We have been playing phone tag! I am so impressed with the pictures and the fact that you have allowed yourself to rest and take it easy is huge! I am glad that you were able to do that and hopefully you will continue to. I look forward to talking to you live soon.