Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Starting the Shots

So this is the week it all begins. This process is becoming more of a reality and I am nervous yet excited. I truly believe that IVF will be the answer but only God knows if this is part of his plan in the end. So until then we will have to learn to patiently wait.

Two weeks ago we went to St Louis to learn how to give the shots. Seems like it will not be too hard, but there are a lot of shots to take and it will be a learning process. We had to give trial shots. One in my stomach I gave myself. It was very small and felt like a bee sting. Slightly painful, but very tolerable. One in my lower back was from Kyle. It was intense waiting for him to stick me, but once he did, it was fine. Bit more painful than the tummy shot, but seems like something i can handle. I did notice that I had a small bruise and a bit of pain where the back shot was two days after the shot. That makes me a little scared of the daily back shot for 8 weeks (start the day of egg removal) but will do whatever it takes. I just want the opportunity to be a mom.

So, Friday is the big Day...we start the shots. August 29, 2008 is the true beginning of this process.

1 comment:

sharonie said...

i am excited for you and will be along side of you praying for you through the WHOLE process!