Monday, October 6, 2008

Two weeks, four weeks


Because I was spotting, my OB called to check on me Friday and thought it best if I go in to have blood checked. He called yesterday (Sunday) with results and said all is going well. The blood level (HCG) is around the number it should be at (was at 96).

Spotting stopped on Saturday morning, so I only had three days of light spotting that was brown all three days. Doctor said it is either Implant spotting or my body ridding of one of the embryos.

I have been feeling really nauseous yesterday and today, and although it is an awful feeling, I can't help but smile knowing that it is just one more sign that there is a baby (or two) inside of me and I am going to be a mother.

Although conception date was two weeks ago (August 21), the doctor considers me four weeks along. If you base birth from conception date you are only pregnant 38 weeks, so they add on two weeks to conception date, as they would normally base birth expectant date on last cycle.

All in all, we are doing well. I did inject my hand with a needle when playing with it Friday night and my middle finger is causing me quite a bit of pain and tingling to close my fist or move the finger. I will most likely go to doctor in next day or two to make sure I didn't kill a major nerve or anything.

Praying For: Baby (or Babies) to grow properly inside of me, that I can hold down enough food and beverages for them to be healthy, and for folic acid levels to be high enough and where they need to be. Also for HCG levels (taken today and Wednesday) to continue growing like they are suppose to and for this to be a healthy baby.

1 comment:

sharonie said...

i love the picture you posted...it is absoultly beautiful! i have never been so excited about a picture you have posted before! and oh man...wait to you post pictures of your belly and then your baby! yikes...I will be REALLY excited then!