Thursday, October 23, 2008

On Cloud 9


Thank you Jesus, 100 times over and over again. We are so grateful for the positive results of the ultra sound. Not only was there one heartbeat we saw, but TWO. And we got to actually hear one of the hearts.

When she pointed out the first heartbeat I started to cry a little. When she pointed out the second one I went into shock and started to cry a bit more. I couldn't believe it. We were so worried that since one of the sacks was "suspicious" last week that only one of the babies was going to make it. And then I started hearing a light heartbeat...really faint. I thought, "That's one of my babies" but then started thinking there is just no way it honestly could be, but the nurse asked if I could hear it, verifying it indeed was not my own heart, and the tears just fell even more. I actually was so excited I was crying and laughing at the same time, which pushed the thing off my stomach and the nurse struggled to get as good of a picture a second time, but was able to none the less. And she was so friendly this time too.

We also met with Dr Stamps. He melts my heart. He has to be one of the most caring and genuine doctors there is out there. He is having us come back in two weeks to see him again and make sure all is well and we will get to see the babies hearts again. I am so excited to meet them.

My due date is June 16, 2009 but the doctor said we will plan on a late May birth around week 38, assuming I can carry them that long. These babies will be so loved and cared for they will probably feel smothered.

1 comment:

sharonie said...

I loved this blog! I smiled the whole time I read it! Two tiny little babes in your tiny little belly with two heartbeats!