Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Learning New Things

Our Doctor gave us a book, "Your Pregnancy & Birth" which is a great easy read. It is really more of a detailed outline where it will have a topic and discuss the matter in a page or less. So if I want to learn about morning sickness, dizziness, cramping or whatever, I can look it up and read a small clip rather than an entire chapter. It's great.

To better prepare myself I decided to not wait to read the details until the situation arises and to gear myself up ahead of time. Today I learned about shortness of breath occuring for a lot of women during the first trimester due to the increase in progesterone. Because I have been on progesterone shots for the past two months, I was really grateful to know that is most likely the cause of my breathing problems. I was assuming it was anxiety related, though I don't think I am too anxious.

Have been trying to walk daily. My goal is at least a mile, but occasionally will only make it around the block and have to come home because of nausea being so bad. Also, really nauseous all the time and nothing sounds good to eat. Was really wanting powder donuts but by the time my mother-in-law got them for me they just didn't sound or taste good. My diet right now is mainly crackers (ritz) with cheese or peanut butter and water. Also have been snacking on Halloween candy. Ready sugar can help with the nausea. Though I don't think it's true, the candy (snickers and milky ways) actually sound decent, so I will keep eating them for now.

This week (Week seven) the babies' hands and feet are forming. Can't wait to kiss them.

No comments: