Saturday, November 29, 2008

Vitamin B Shot

Nausea has continually gotten worse each week, even after being off progesterone shot for two weeks. So, I gave in this week and called the doctor to try the Vitamin B Shot. They say it works for some people, and other people it doesn't. At this point though I just needed SOME relief. It didn't have to be complete relief, but I was struggling to even eat crackers and puked again Wednesday night.

Anyhow, went to doctor's office Wednesday afternoon, got the shot in my right arm which was extremely painful, and then went home praying the entire way I could just make it to the house before puking. Woke up Thursday morning (Thanksgiving Day) and actually felt decent. It was amazing and such a blessing. I still can't eat much because smells make me sick and nothing sounds good, but I was able to eat Ritz crackers and drink some water. It was so wonderful.

It's Saturday evening and I am still doing pretty well. Yesterday and today was able to add popcorn to the diet, although this afternoon it wasn't as eatable as it was yesterday. Also, have been trying to wait to take Prenatal Vitamin until later in the evening and I think that is helping me a bit more in the day too. So that way I may have light nausea but I can at least manage to sit up to work on computer or clean up the kitchen.

I have my twelve week check-up and will make sure both hearts are still beating this Thursday, so will get another Vitamin B shot then. Hoping that I can just do two or three of those and be over the morning sickness, but grateful that if I have to do them for longer I now have something that will at least lighten the sickness.

No comments: