Tuesday, November 25, 2008

Grateful and Blessed

God has really reminded me this week just how blesed Kyle and I are! Was talking to a friend yesterday that has been trying for two years to have babies and the doctors and everyone says that they are both fine, so they should get pregnant anytime. She was so down and depressed and hopless. I wanted to cheer her up or give her words of wisdom, but I know from experience that going through the infertility thing is difficult in every form and nothing I would say or do would help. So I listened and talked about our experiences and just let her know she is not alone. That would be so much harder of a situation. At least we knew why we weren't pregnant and how to solve the situation. They are without direction.

Talked to another friend today who apparently went through IVF as well. She did it the first time only to find out that her eggs don't work with her husband's sperm. Apparently they would with other people's but when put together it didn't work. She ended up using donor eggs. It again put things into perspective. They went through the entire process only to end up empty handed. And when they were finally successful, it wasn't in a way that they had ever planned. My heart broke for them as now they have a gorgeous baby, but the baby has quite a few health problems. But my frind was still positive and loving about it. Made me concentrate on teh fact that God is in control, and reminded me that His will will be done in the end, no matter what we do to change it.

I am thankful for this opportunity to carry these babies. We are blessed that we walked away from the procedure with TWINS in my belly. And now we are praying for mercy and that these babies will be born healthy, strong and well in June of 2009.

No comments: