Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Good Reminder

Joined MOPS (Mothers of Preschoolers) and am loving it. It is a group of mom's or soon-to-be-mom's that meet twice a month and talk about what's going on in the home, baby/kid stuff, and there is a speaker and prayer and food and it's just a great time to meet other women that are in the same stage of life.

Today there were four women that spoke and shared just a small thing about themselves but a "major" situation that had occured that helped them to grow spiritually. We were then challenged to share in our group what we had gone through and what God has shown us through it.

Not being much of a sharer with strangers, I was hoping to hide from answering the question, but was called on by our table leader. So, I shared about infertility and our plan not being God's, and I did it without crying once. That is a huge step forward for me because I am shy and cry or tear up whenever attention is on me from multiple people.

I am truly grateful that the two years we tried before chosing to do invitro God allowed us to grow closer together as a married couple. He reminded us that we are not in control of situations and that HIS plan is not our plan. Had we been able to conceive right away, Kyle most likely would not have been as eager to be a father, or have taken advantage of the blessing we have. And it has forced us to look toward each other for support too. We know what the other person is going through. Kyle knew when I was hurting, or depressed about not being a mother. He knew each month when I was going to start my cycle, or each pregnancy test that came back negative he knew how difficult it was for me.

This situation also has opened doors to grow closer to other couples that are going through the same situation, and has allowed us to be support for one another. Although I believe God is the only one that can truly help us to find peace in the situation, I do believe He brings people in our lives to remind us that we are not alone, nor are/were we the only ones going through that experience.

I am twenty-three weeks pregnant today and crying as I type this because I am truly so grateful for this pregnancy. I realize that I am out of control over this pregnancy or what awaits our future and the future of this family. God may take the children today, five years from now, or long after we are dead and buried (pray that's the case) but either way I find comfort knowing that God's bigger than me, and His plans are perfect. Whether they are my plans or not, Kyle and I chose to follow Him and will allow and pray His will be done in this house!

1 comment:

sharonie said...

Kimberly,you have been through such a journey to getting pregnant. I loved reading this post and hearing your perspective on things. There is a purpose in all that you have been through. I am so glad that already you have been used to reach out to others who have been going through what you and Kyle went through. You are one strong woman, and are so willing to go through whatever the Lord has planned for you and Kyle...and to that I look up to you so much for. I love you and those two precious little ones in your belly!