Friday, February 13, 2009

22 Week Doctor Visit

I am so enjoying this pregnancy! I love feeling the babies kick, or watching my tummy dance around as the babies move and push from the inside out. What a blessing and incredible moment.

Have been really sick this week with severe cough, bad congestion to where I can't breathe hardly, and then super runny nose the next minute to where the drainage makes my tummy sick. Has made it difficult to get over the cold as I can't take anything for it since I am pregnant. Have been taking Sudafed here and there though, which is okay according to doctors, just to help a little with the congestion when I sleep.

Met with our doctor today. He seemed like he was in a bad mood so I am hoping his weekend is relaxing and that he is able to find SOMETHING positive in life. All seemed well though. I have gained 10 pounds in a month (2.5 lbs a week) so need to decrease sugar and pasta intake which will be really hard for me since those are the two main things I eat. Am measuring at 27 weeks (5 weeks further along than I am) which he said is to be expected with twins. We will go back in two weeks and have another ultra sound to make sure that both babies are doing okay and growing properly and that all looks normal, and then will do ultra sounds every 4-6 weeks from then on out. That is comforting to know we will be able to see the babies and make sure they are okay and will hopefully ease stress Kyle and I have about their well-being. Also, will do the gestational diabetes test in two weeks. Nervous about that because the drink you have to take to determine if I have it, and worried it will come back that I might have it and then would have to do a day's worth of testing and drink the stuff three more times. So will be decreasing carb and sugar intake the week of the test to make sure to lower my risk of a false labor.

Only 15 more weeks and we will be considered full-term. Our prayer is that the Lord bless these babies and that we are able to carry them to full-term without complications and that they are both healthy and well.

No comments: