Thursday, February 26, 2009

Baby Bedding

Well, I am a rather cheap girl and like to save money wherever possible. The only baby bedding I could find that was unisex was over $100 per set, and then I would have received stuff I didn't need, like a quilt. So, I followed after my friend's advice and decided was going to have bumpers made...

Yesterday went to fabric store with a friend, Carissa, and she helped me pick out fabric that I love. They are two different looks, but same color scheme so they should look great together. The girl's is the flower fabric, the boys the circle fabric. And these are just the fabrics for the bumpers.




Then, rather than having them professionally done, my mother-in-law and I thought we would give it a go and try to make them ourselves. They look gorgeous. We were both so proud. They came out better than we had imagined. Still need to sew on the strings to tie to the cribs, but that shouldn't be hard at all.





We still have to make the bedskirts. We bought cream fabric and will make them flat skirts with a pleat in the middle front and a chocolate ribbon at the bottom for a border. Hoping those will turn out half as good as the bumpers, if not better...

And, the best part is I ended up saving over $125 by doing it ourselves.

3 comments:

sharonie said...

that is awesome! i wanted so bad to make my babies bedding...i am so jealous you were able to do so! i love the pattern. the girls is my favorite. more so, i am all about blue and brown..you have great taste!

sharonie said...

oh i forgot to ask..the money that you saved, are you using that on a plane ticket to fly out to chicago when the babies are older? i knew that is what you were saving for :P

~Lisa said...

love the bedding...it will be so fun for your two little pumpkins! I'm planning to make something for the babies...hopefully you and Kyle will like it and will be able/willing to use it. Not telling you though. :)