Friday, June 19, 2009

Baby Milestones











McKenna grabbed her stuffed rattle today three different times in a row. She would eye it, reach out and grab it. She was able to bring it to her face one time, but seeing as how it is the size of her head that's about all she could do is bring it in one time.

She is rather fussy today. I think I have been holding her too much, but she is so small and fragile and I just want to make sure she knows that even though she is sick right now she is still loved on. Keep thinking that all the love she is getting from her mommy and daddy will help her get better. So far hasn't helped, but it is comforting to me at least to know that we are doing all we can.

Keaton hit a milestone too. Looked in bassinet and he was head butting McKenna by throwing his head side to side since he was not comfortable. Moved him to the other side of the bassinet and he was laying on left side of his body. Before I knew it he rolled over from his left side to his back (no biggie) then to his right side, THEN HIS BELLY. My baby is rolling over. I am so excited for him to make this big jump, but scared as belly sleeping is a huge cause of SIDS. Praying protection over him and I am sure he will be fine.

Feel like I blinked and Keaton grew. He is now fitting into several of his Newborn size clothes and I can no longer rub his entire back with the palm of my hand. He has really filled out and is rather broad. He is starting to look more and more like my baby pictures every day. Was really hoping that he would look like a mini Kyle, and he totally did the first several weeks of life. Will be fun to see what the babies turn out like as they continue to age.

McKenna looks a lot like her cousin Taylor did at birth. What a pleasure to see that. She is still so tiny and fragile looking, but has the most amazing and sweet eyes that just pierce through you when she looks around. She has brown hair that has a hint of red to it right now. Not sure where the red comes from. She is just perfect and I love to watch her all day long.

We are so blessed and grateful to be the parents to these twins. What an amazing gift the Lord has blessed us with.

No comments: