Friday, May 1, 2009

Best Day Yet

Wow, what an incredible morning. Eyes were filled with tears as I got to hold and feed my tinys. McKenna had no interest in it whatsoever. She looked annoyed that we were even trying to get a 2 1/2 lb baby latched on. It was hilarious. The lactation consultant just kept saying over and over how adorable that she is.

Keaton did well with his bottle last night, for being his first time feeding. Nursing him today seemed to really tire him out but he did well. And, the best part was I didn't have to wear a gown or gloves. Of course have to shower and scrub between feedings, and won't be touching McKenna after feeding Keaton, but I will have an hour with her, then an hour with him.

It was so nice to be able to give Keaton skin-to-skin contact. And, his "suite" was really nice too. It wasn't curtains blocking us from the nurses and other mothers, but an entire room with the door shut. I learned how to nurse, then after that got to hold him for another forty minutes or so with the door shut...just me and my son. i was able to sing to him and talk with him, and just love on him. What a blessing.

Can hardly wait until next feeding this afternoon so I can bond with the babies. Thank you, God, for this blessing! We really needed it.

Still hard to not be looking for something to go wrong since something so wonderful happened today, but doing our best to keep our eyes focused on God and all the blessings He has given, even with the trials.

Love you all. Keep praying. God is listening. And we will continue to pray for all of you!

No comments: