Friday, January 16, 2009

One of Each

Today we went to the doctor for the ultra sound. How exciting. The ultra sound tech was so nice and super funny.

We sat down and she asked if we knew the sexes yet and when she told us that Baby A was a boy I started crying and saying, I so wanted a little boy. I am so excited and feel so blessed.

Then came Baby B and I started getting a little nervous. I was thinking it was going to be two girls, or one of each, but then started thinking what if it's two boys? I wasn't mentally prepared for two boys. Luckily, she informed us that Baby B is a girl. I started crying again. Yet another blessing. One of each.

Laying on my back I wanted to see the babies and watch them move and all, but got really lightheaded and hot and my toungue started going numb. I could tell I was about to pass out, so the nurse had me turn on my side. Apparently laying on back can cut off blood supply to a vein and causes women to pass out occasionally. So after a few minutes of Kyle fanning me and the nurse rubbing my back, we were able to concentrate on the babies again, but she had to do the rest of the ultra sound with me on my side.

Baby A has his head on my left side, while Baby B has her's on the right side. It was so cute to see how lively they were. The boy kept kicking his feet and moving around and looked like he was kicking his sister in the head and the little girl was swatting her hand and looked like she was trying to push his feet away. They are fighting already...too cute.

Their heads look normal size, spines look good and from what they can tell through an ultra sound, babies are doing well. They are both 8 ounces (a half pound) and the baby boy is measuring at 18 weeks 1 day (we are 18 weeks 3 days today) while the baby girl is measuring at 18 weeks 0 day. Those measurements though are normal.

Also found out I gained 7 pounds since last appointment four weeks ago. So nearly two pounds a week. Good motivation to start eating healthier, although I know I am suppose to gain weight. Just don't want to gain too much, or more than necessary.

Also, have a sharp pain on lower left side that is sensitive to the touch. Found out it is just a ligament stretching and with twins it will get that strong since uterus is having to stretch even more.

Thank you Jesus for a great report, two healthy babies, a husband that was willing and excited to go to the apts with me, and for the opportunity to raise twins...a boy and a girl.

1 comment:

sharonie said...

i love your updates! I love hearing about ALL the details!