Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Things I miss already

I miss the twins sleeping in the same room. It makes me sad they are in different rooms at night and even more sad thinking that Keaton is in a room by himself while McKenna gets to sleep in our room, and occasionally in our bed when she can't sleep.

I miss the twins talking to each other every morning when they wake up and wait for mommy to get them out of their cribs.

I miss hearing McKenna attempt to say Keaton but instead saying teetun.

I miss Keaton's belly crawl and his determined rolling.

I miss it when I use to say only one more Keaton and he would say okay and then I would say how many and he would say two.

I miss their attempts to kiss that were really just opening their mouths our how McKenna always use to stick out her tongue.

Things I still get though that I no doubt will eventually be missing...
Keaton rhyming everything by changing first letter to a d...grandma damna, mommy dommie
McKenna squealing when she sees a puppy and calling everything she sees that she thinks is cute a puppy or a baby, no matter what it is.
Keaton attempting to sing anything he hears, even if it's for the first time he mumbles along with the lyrics.
McKenna praying by saying "Jesus prayer, prayer something prayer Jesus amen"
The twins running in circles around family room kitchen circle pushing their loud lawn mower and shopping cart.
The twins playing hide and go seek behind curtains.
McKenna discipline Keaton or getting in is face and saying no no Keaton, ok? No no, while shaking her finger.
How fascinated Keaton becomes with one object or toy and how he can play with one item for over an hour, especially if it involves opening and closing.
Keaton's sudden need to use the words actually, either, neither, and great in sentences.
The twins sitting in high chairs facing each other and fake laughing every meal, or fake sneezing and then laughing.
The simplicity and amusement of paint with water books.
The joy they get when cutting with scissors or playing with play dough.
The power of a couple balloons and the hours of entertainment they seem to provide.
The hugs, kisses and I love yous.
McKenna saying good night to Keaton before she goes into her room and her "prayers" with him.
Bath time where I can bathe both at once.
Story time and the ability to skip pages without them knowing, or read the same book I just read and they like it just as much.

I love being a mom. How blessed I am God has allowed me to carry that title!

1 comment:

Bethany Patrice said...

aweee...this entry makes me so sad that my kids are grown up and are out of these phases. But, the ones that await you are just as exciting and tender!