Thursday, February 27, 2014

Sick, again

My oh my, it is exhausting to see little ones sick so often. The twins got sick in January and are still fighting nasty coughs. Keaton went to the doctor three times last week: cough (doctor said wait it out), fever 104.4 (sinus infection and on Rx), ear pain (ear infection, while on Rx for sinus infection). His cough is finally getting better, and no fever for over a week. McKenna's cough has hung around for weeks and Tuesday afternoon it seemed to intensify. Last night, Wednesday, she coughed continually and got little sleep. It's funny that the school rules are kids can go as long as they are fever free for 24 hours, or on Rx for 24 hours. Well, no fever, and no Rx, so she has been going to school. That's how germs and viruses are spread. At the same time, everyone else is sending their kids to school in the same condition, so I feel justified even knowing my kids are getting others sick. If I wait until they are cough free they will get the cough the following week. As this blog is being written, McKenna is doing a breathing treatment/inhaler for her cough and I am just crossing my fingers and praying that it helps cough a little less today. She can't seem to talk or move without coughing, and she is finally becoming a very talkative/active little girl so I really don't want to tell her to slow down, or to stop talking.

No comments: