Thursday, September 19, 2013

A New Chapter

I admit it. I am a controlling, overbearing, codling mother. I want to always hold the twins - love on them, hug, kiss and smother them. They are my babies and I just can't seem to get enough time with them. I love their brains, and their thought processes. I love their humor, their attempts to dominate, their cuddling and their entire beings. They truly make life amazing and I will never be more blessed then I am right now. I have dreaded the day they start school because of separation anxiety - for me, not the twins. But I must admit it has been nice to know that twice a week, for a few hours every Tuesday and Thursday, I will have the opportunity to run errands, grocery shop without screaming, workout or have a cup of coffee with a friend. Keaton loves school! He has made two friends he talks about a lot - Payten and Logan. He is the class clown and struggles to listen to direction from the teacher because he is so wrapped up in making his friends laugh and in being silly. He is very smart and loves learning too. He comes home sharing scriptures they have taught him, or songs they worked on, or moves they learn in PE class. I love watching his passion for school. The only hard part is that he truly just wants to be silly and as a mother I want him to be well-behaved and respectful. Also, he is only 4 years old and already wants to walk to class by himself. He doesn't want mommy dropping him off or holding his hand to cross the street. McKenna has had quite the struggle with school. She is very bright and loves sharing what she learns, but she is my observer. She would prefer to sit back and watch what everyone does rather then be a part of class. She screams and cries every time I drop her off. She says, "I don't want to go to school. I just love you soooooo much." And if that doesn't melt a moms heart then she is probably without one. McKenna is very loving and my continual prayer for her is that God would bless her with a friend each year so she can grow and enjoy school. I don't want her to feel lonely or fearful in class. McKenna loves her teacher, Ms Amber, and says she is her best friend. She doesn't eat that well in school, but often comes home from school hungry. Her favorite part of school is music time and McK loves to scream out the songs at home.

No comments: