Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Fingers and Toes

Tomorrow we head to KC for the feeding clinic evaluation. I am pretty nervous about what to expect and what the outcome will be. What if they accept us but McKenna doesn't do well with the treatment and we fail so are stuck on the feeding tube forever? If McKenna doesn't get accepted where do we go from here? How soon after evaluation will we know if this is an option for us? How long will she be on the experimental drugs...yes a ton of questions!

SO, to help us keep our mind off things while daddy is at urgent care with sick little Keaton mommy painted McKenna's fingernails purple. She looks so cute and was such a big girl sitting while I painted. Didn't fuss or yank her hand away. She wanted her toes done too but we ran out of time.

I have two outfits picked out for tomorrow - both brand new. One is green and white and pink, other is orangish pink and brown. And we have her glitter pink shoes set out too. So a new outfit, painted fingers and pigtails...if thatttt doesn't get her into the feeding study I don't know what will.

I just keep thinking tomorrow could be the day that changes our future. Maybe tomorrow they will have answers and options for us. Of course this is how I felt pre-wean and how I felt pre Chicago trip. One day at a time. Today she is still on a feeding tube and as I type this she is hooked up to a machine, laying in her crib in mommy's room and talking to herself. I love her so much and just want her to have the world. Is that asking too much?

No comments: