Saturday, July 24, 2010

Our Blessings

Lately God has really reminded me of the amazing blessing we received when our fertility treatments worked. Several friends (three now) have gone through the process once, twice or sometimes even three times and have come back with negative results and it breaks my heart. I can relate to the desire to be a mom, to the desire to carry a baby and feel it kick and move and watch it grow as my belly expands. I can relate to wanting the stretch marks, back aches, vommitting throughout the night, labor pains, weird cravings and everything else that goes with pregnancy. I can relate to the desire to be a mom and hearing the words that you most likely won't be able to have kids and the pain and stress and frustrating and heartache that comes with infertility. But, I can't relate to paying thousands of dollars and coming back with negative test results, or the pain of knowing that fertiility treatments won't work. All I can do is cry for these friends and pray for their miracle to come, whether through their own conception, other fertility treatments or adoption. My heart goes out to these couples and at the same time reminds me of what miracles we have been blessed with!

2 comments:

Judith and Lance said...

Kimberly -- what a precious heart you have, thank you for sharing!

Dusty , Angie, & Gage said...

Kim....you really do have the biggest, softest heart of anyone I know! Hope you know how much I have appreciated your thoughts, prayers, and words through this long journey we've taken together. we've had different circumstances, but I think in the end we've felt a lot of the same feelings and frustrations. You are one amazing mom and friend! Love you!