Thursday, April 1, 2010

My Bestest Friend in the Whole World

This time last year my best friend was visiting from Chicago and we were painting pictures for the nursery. Sharon ate junk food with me, laid on the couch and bummed out. She didn't complain about a laid back trip or that she was bored or anxious to get home. She was supportive, loving and acted totally interested in all my boring stories and thoughts about the babies.

Kyle was out of town for business, so Sharon went with me to the doctor to do an ultra-sound (was having them every couple weeks) and it was that visit that we found out McKenna was not growing as fast as Keaton and there was possible cause for concern.

I went out of the ultra sound room to the waiting room while we waited to discuss with the doctor what was going on and I couldn't help but cry in fear of what the future would hold for my babies. So grateful Sharon was there to comfort me and make me laugh through it all.

God has truly blessed me by bringing Sharon into my life. I can't imagine what life would have been like if ten years ago He didn't make us roommates. It is just another daily reminder for me that He sees the big picture and all we have is a small glimpse into what each day holds.

Thanks Sharon for being my bestest friend in the whole wide world.

1 comment:

sharonie said...

great job! great job! good job! you made me cry! way too go roomie!

I am more blessed to have you in my daily life even though we are 500 miles away! I love our two min. conversations and then when we are really spoiled our 2o min conversations!

I love your babies too! It's crazy you can love babies and wonder so much about them even having never met them!