Thursday, February 4, 2010

First Wreck

Needed to run to the grocery store today just to pick up one single item. It was raining ice but with Kyle out of town I really felt like I had to be the one to go. Didn't want to ask his mom to help. So, packed up the tinys and ran to te store and all went smooth.

Have had a tiring and rough week so figured I would reward myself by stopping off at Andy's for a frozen custard, and by stopping off I mean going completely out of my way for a treat my stomach and hips were telling me not to eat.

Of course getting to Andy's means taking the most dangerous intersection in Springfield, literally. So I pick up the phone to gab to my mommy while driving there, and yes it is still raining ice at this point, and get to the intersection and go to to turn on Campbell and WAMMMMM. A woman rearends me. I immediately freaked out, got tears in my eyes and thought to myself, I am really goign to have bad whip lash. Babies aren't crying. Are they okay? Do thy realize what happened?

I jump out of the car, open the back door and see both babies just starring at me like, hello woman, shut the door. It's freezing. SO shut the door and the woman that hit me is out of her van by now apologizing. I am shaking and saying, I HAVE TWINS, MY TWINS ARE BABIES, WHAT IF THEY ARE HURT? Look over the car and see the tiniest amount of damage. The screw holding her licsence plate made the perfect circle in my bumper.

SO we get in our cars, drive a half mile up the road to get out of traffic and exchange information. Get in my car, am crying telling Kyle how awful I feel that I put my babies through such trauma (even though the babies couldn't have cared less) and all he can say is how I should have just called his mom and I could have avoided it all. Oh and he is glad I am okay. Men are so funny.

Got home, called insurance places, made my report and just now calming down and realized I didn't even ask the woman if she is okay. Debating if I should call and check on her. Although again, it was her fault.

No comments: