Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Surgery Has Begun

The surgery has begun. The nurse came in the room at 6:45 am and told me they were on their way to get her. Tears filled my eyes as I started thinking about the pain she is going to be in from the surgery, the difficulty comforting her since I won't be able to lay her chest to chest for a week or two, the long recovery road she has in front of her. I rushed over, grabbed my purse and pick my baby girl up into my arms and laid her head on my chest. Swaying side to side I said my prayers and sang worship songs over her.

An hour past and they still hadn't come to get her. By then my emotions had died down a bit. I am eager for this procedure to be complete and for us to move forward in life as a healthy family. Excited for the possibility of my baby girl not spitting up or choking every time she eats and getting heart monitor off. Excited for my daughter to be a baby and feel well.

Walking down to the operating room all the nurses were eweing and ahhing over McKenna and how gorgeous she is and how incredible her eyes are. We got into the pre-surgery room and the nurses flocked to her and just babbled on and on about her and fought over who could be in recovery with her. Makes a mom happy and feel good, that's for sure! I know that she is going to be in pain but at least she will be loved on when we can't be with her in there.

Anxious to see my baby girl, pick her up and love on her.

No comments: