Sunday, May 22, 2011

Keaton's First Day at Church

While eating breakfast this morning I asked Keaton if he wanted to go to church with me. Normally mommy goes, daddy stays home with the kids just because McKenna's puking and retching and we don't want to risk someone ripping out the feeding button. So when I asked Keaton if he wanted to go he threw down his bowl of dry cereal and started shouting, "Go to church, go to church."

Keaton and mommy walked into church and he just kept asking, "What is this, mommy?" Was sad that he didn't even know what church was. We checked him in, got a nametag on him and mommy took him back to the Lamb Room, then the water works started. I was so proud of him. Luckily for mommy Amy Townsend was walking her son, Jackson, back to the Lamb room at the same time, and we saw Kristin's son there too, so mommy felt a little better knowing that Keaton had met two of the boys.

So we got to the door and my eyes were watering and we saw the puzzles on the table and I asked Keaton if he wanted to do a puzzle. He was so excited I almost dropped him as he squirmed out of my arms and into the teachers.

I couldn't really concentrate on the message during church because I was so nervous as to how Keaton was doing. But they said he did great. He got to color, go to the jungle gym, had a snack and made new friends. He was excited to see mommy when I picked him up, which made me feel good.

I am excited to take him to church next week, and excited for the day when McKenna gets to go too.

No comments: