Monday, June 21, 2010

Their First Swim

The inlaws have a neighborhood pool and I have been itching to take the babies in it since they both love bath time so much. Planned to go when my mom was here, then when Ashlee was here and neither of those times worked and Susie offered to watch a baby while I took the other one swimming. While this wasn't ideal to do it one at a time, I was willing to do whatever needed to get them in the water.

So, today it's 95 out and the sun is scorching down on us and Susie watched the babies while I ran errands. When I got home she asked if we were going to do the pool today, so I jumped at the opportunity. Got the babies all ready after their lunch, loaded the sunscreen and met Susie at the pool to find her wearing JEAN capris and a tshirt. I assumed she wouldn't do a bathing suit, but was surprised she was wearing jeans.

Anyhow, we got up to the swim area and they have a covered table area and she laid a towel down and said she would sit with one baby while I took the other to the pool. I feel bad because I was a little rude, but it's 95 DEGREES and a baby sitting out in the shade in that weather just wasn't acceptable to me, so I said, okay well let me get McKenna use to the water, then I will come grab Keaton and just take them both swimming at the same time. Susie agreed.

Luckily though within a few minuets of me having McKenna in the water susie was sitting with her feet in the water and holding Keaton between her legs so he could sit in the water too. SO long story longer, we got both babies in the pool at the same time. They loveeeed it. They kicked, splashed, cooed, and had a grand time. We only stayed there about 45 minutes but it was perfect. I am so blessed to have a mother-in-law that is eager to help and that loves her grandbabies so much! Can't wait for our next pool trip.

No comments: