Thursday, December 31, 2009

Fake Coughing

Keaton has developed this new habit of fake coughing in the mornings. Not sure where he would have learned it since we don't ever cough really. He will wake up about thirty minutes before I get him out of the crib and just fake cough and talk until I go to get him. It is so cute and silly. As I type this though I am getting a little nervous wondering if maybe it is an actual cough or attempt to clear the throat and he is struggling to. Hmmm, will have to bring this up at his nine month check up.

Physical Therapy came yesterday and Keaton was screaming while I was working with McKenna so she offered to put him to bed for me. SO sweet and helpful, so I said yes. Then in the afternoon I noticed he had a scratch on the back of his head, which is a really dry spot of skin too. So I think she may have accidentally scratched him with her watch. Poor guy.

McKenna did really well with her PT yesterday. The therapist decided to try to help her with eating. So she sat McK in her highchair and putting rice cereal all over her hands and face and mouth, and much to my surprise, she allowed it AND she even sucked her lip in and put her cereal covered thumb in her mouth a couple times. I nearly started crying I was so proud and excited. She did gag once but it was such a small gag I hardly think it counts.

She also set an all time low yesterday with retching only four times. Of course two of them had spit-up and one of them was a decent size spit up, but hey, there were only four and we are grateful for that. It's not even 8 this morning and has already had three REALLY bad retches so I think yesterday was just a special blessing.

Alright, McK has really bad hiccups, Keaton is talking and coughing trying to hint he is hungry and ready to get out of the crib, and my house is a wreck. Guess those are signs I should start my day. Praying it's at least half as successful with improvements as yesterday.

2 comments:

The Lundgrens said...

I love the fake cough!! My boys are pros at it too. :)
Enjoy reading your posts friend! Love ya!

Alissa said...

My baby just started the fake cough too. It's hilarious!